Awards Evening Fears

Hey Guys,
I can assure you that this post will actually have some thought going into it, and hopefully won’t have too many spelling mistakes. My boyfriend is still asleep next to me, and I thought now would be the perfect time to admit all my fears and worries over my colleges awards evening, which it TONIGHT.
To most people, this wouldn’t be a terrifying thing, but for me, this is the first time I have ever been invited to something like this, and I’m already an overly anxious person anyway. My boyfriend is also getting an award, but he is completely calm and used to it – he can practically predict the itinerary!
To convince me to go, my parents did buy me a navy dress and a stunning pair of boots, but now I’m scared that I will just trip up!
And if I do manage to make it up onto the stage without face-planting the ground, how many hands am I going to have to shake?!
I know that to the average person, that probably sounds really stupid, but I HATE sweaty hands! I already don’t like strangers being that close to me, but I definitely can’t cope with a sweaty palm sliding around my hand in an attempt to shake it!
I feel like this post is just heightening my nerves…
Then again, I don’t even know what I’m getting the award for, which doesn’t help me when it comes to not having a panic attack…
Hey ho, maybe a car will hit me before I make it into the building!

(I feel like only people who suffer with anxiety would understand how rational that thought it when it comes to doing something like this.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bat Out Of Hell: The Musical Review

Sexy Beast Review

'The Band' Musical Review