Attack on Titan Review

Whether you watch anime, or you avoid it like the plague, there is no way on this earth that you could not have heard of Attack on Titan but now.
It’s a series that everyone rabbits on about, and focuses on the attempt of human survival when overly large, human-eating titans, all of whom have amazing butts, are breaking through protective barriers.
Personally, I feel as though this series did not live up to its hype, and I even began to find it a bit dull. The ending was a bit predictable; however, there is no denying that it still had some amazing features.
The first episode is a complete hook – in fact, the whole of the first part is. There are great action scenes and an amazing title sequence song, but as soon as the title sequence changed, I felt as though the program digressed.
I began to feel an air of predictability about everything, and there is even one twist which I sussed instantly. To most overly intelligent people, that’s okay, but for me, I am never able to suss out a plot twist!
This predictability was also heightened due to the simplistic script writing. Literally everything was explained, which could be classed as good as it stops any audience confusion or second guessing, but to me, it just over-simplified and thus spoiled the plot.
On top of this, some scenes just seemed a little too dragged out for my liking. This may have been the producers’ intention, but instead, I feel as though it caused the show to lose momentum and become slightly tedious. Instead of adding excitement to the show, it seemed like they just wanted something to fill time.
With all that said, there is one thing that will not let this show down; the characters.
We largely focus on Eren, Mikasa and Armin, all of whom complement each other’s personalities perfectly. Mikasa’s responsibility, strength and intelligence works alongside Eren’s determination and rage. Armin then plods along with them, displaying his cute air of loyalty and trust, and as a group, they are a flawless matching.
It would also be worth noting that in this series, female characters are not sexualised, and instead they are consistently bad ass. This was awesome for me, and I appreciated how this was continued throughout.

Overall, the show had its balance of good and bad. Its hype just added to my disappointment, yet I don’t feel like I can mark the show down for that. As a result, I give it 2.5/5 eggs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bat Out Of Hell: The Musical Review

'The Band' Musical Review

Sexy Beast Review