Body Shaming

Originally, I planned to come back to this blog pounding out some brilliantly mediocre reviews and posts; however, after some recent messages I received from a certain girl, I felt that there was something I really need to talk about.

I have been in two minds about actually posting this, especially due to a number of threats that she has directed at me, but I refuse to be silenced. With that said, I am still not going to go into large amounts of detail in regard to the backstory, as I feel that would be too much and subtract from the point of this post, which is that of body shaming.

Let’s start from the beginning;

About a month ago, I had become quite close friends with a guy, which appeared to erupt a jealous rage within his ex-girlfriend. Long story short, they got back together; however, he and I remained FRIENDS, which clearly didn’t sit well with her. When they then broke up after roughly a week of them getting together, her blame quickly shifted to me – and before I even knew that they had split, I received this flurry of messages.  


These aren’t the only messages sent from her, and throughout all conversations, I remained civil and respectful. The point of me posting this though is that I hope that, one day, girls will stop putting each other down. There are more issues in the world than this, and there is already enough pressure out here for females, without them ripping each other to shreds. This is the entire reason why I didn’t feel offended, only furious. Even if something did happen between myself and the guy, even if I was magically the reason for their split, in my opinion, it doesn’t make this level of verbal abuse acceptable, and I guess what I’m trying to say is to remember to think before you type!
Luckily, I am not one to care too much about people opinion on my size. It has affected me in the past, as it has for most girls, but what if that was still the case. What if I was insecure? What if I struggled with an eating disorder, like many people my age do nowadays? This post is not designed to be a guilt trip, but instead, act as a reminder that words do hurt. I know of too many people who have starved themselves, hurt themselves and spiralled into deep bouts of depression over bitter words, and although many would think of them as pathetic, I think we’ve all had a stage in life when someone’s words scar your mind.

I’m struggling too much to write this without raging, so I’ll leave you with this;
At the end of the day, this is my body. Yes, there are bits I love and bits I hate. There are scars, stretch marks, freckles and wobbly bits. But it’s my body that keeps me alive, and to me, that is a lot more important than your judgement.


My moral of this story: body shapes and sizing’s change, personalities do not…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bat Out Of Hell: The Musical Review

Sexy Beast Review

'The Band' Musical Review