Game of Thrones Review

After a hell-ish holiday, meaning a week of drinking in a different country and suffering the possibility of the world falling out of my arsehole, I am finally up-to-date with the American fantasy-drama, Game of Thrones.
After months of saying that I will catch up with the programme, I finally got around to it, and have finished it in around a three week time frame, due to the fact that I was completely hooked.
Due to the number of characters and their complex names, I do struggle to remember what each of them are called, so the detail within this review will be lacking, but come on, who calls their child Daenerys or Ygritte?!
Back to the point of this, it's a difficult series to review, largely due to the number of twists and, to be frank, deaths that occur in each episode, let alone each series.
From season 1, we are introduced to several different protagonists, all of whom are seeming to participate in their own story lines, which do still contribute to the larger plot. Obviously, the television series is based off of the series of books; however, I still feel as though the characters are worth complimenting, as our the actors for their believable portrayals.
Although I cannot go into depth surrounding the plot line itself without running the risk of ruining it, I will emphasise the fact that it is engaging and, what can only be described as, fucking amazing.
I will also warn you though that this is not a programme to watch with your parents, as there is a LOT of sex, nudity, torture, swearing, rape, and even incest.
(I am pretty sure that this show is based of the typical teenage boys internet search history.)
The visuals of the program are clearly very expensive, and I believe they spend about $6 million per episode. This is made clear from the well-known cast, amazing period costumes, stunning sets and locations and flawless special effects.
Each episode is an hour long, but definitely feels a lot shorter, due to the fact that so much happens, and, as far as I can remember, there are no filler scenes, meaning that you never have to sit through a poorly written and pointless scenes (which something that many one hour fantasy shows do make you do).
Overall, this vague review is not doing the show justice, so I strongly suggest that anyone who hasn't watched it before, do go and watch it, especially if you like programme of the fantasy genre. It's compelling and highly manipulates the audiences emotions, something that many shows are unable to do, and is extremely engaging and interesting.
It is definitely one of the best shows I have seen to date!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bat Out Of Hell: The Musical Review

'The Band' Musical Review

Sexy Beast Review